Visitors to World War II Days engage in elaborate 1940s displays in historical buildings on the museum’s 148-acre campus, which becomes the backdrop of a European village during World War II. This military re-enactment is the largest in the Midwest and draws thousands of visitors yearly to the Rockford region and the museum grounds.
Saturday, September 18 (10 am to 5 pm) & Sunday, September 19 (10 am to 4 pm)
$9 Children (ages 3-17)
Infants (ages 0-2) are Free
Museum Members are Free
World War II Veterans are Free
$12 Veterans & Active Duty Military Personnel*
Members may receive advance tickets by calling the museum and speaking to a Front Desk representative at 815-397-9112. Advance tickets are not required to attend, however, Members should bring their membership card to the event to show upon arrival for entry/admission.
Visitors may purchase tickets in advance online or at the Museum Gift Store. Tickets are available for purchase at the gates on the days of the military re-enactment.
Festivities include encampments of Allied and Axis troops in the Midway Village woods. World War II Days includes elaborate and realistic battles complete with tanks, artillery, armored vehicles, and exciting pyrotechnic displays.
More than 1,000 uniformed re-enactors representing soldiers from the United States, Great Britain, France, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Japan, Italy, and Germany along with 70 to 80 vintage tanks, half-tracks, and other 1940s military vehicles make this a not-to-miss special event.
- New! Expanded narrated battle time scheduled with four on Saturday and two on Sunday.
- Realistic encampments of Allied and Axis troops in the Midway Village woods.
- Musical performances of 40s music by the duo of “Sweet Reminder” singers in a tribute to the Andrews Sisters!
- Spontaneous historical vignettes.
- Skirmishes in the woods portraying battles.
- Victory Beer Garden – Pig Minds Brewing Co. will be a vendor for both Days selling beer and Brats.
Other event features:
- Authentic military vehicles
- More than 1,000 re-enactors
- Battles with pyrotechnics
- Demonstrations & Displays
- Militaria Sales Vendors from the Midwest
- Affordable Local Food Vendors
- VETANK available for individuals with limited mobility
- Special Admission for Veterans & Active Duty Personnel (ID Required)
- Golf Cart Shuttles available for guests with special needs
Check back regularly for updated details about the special event. Full schedules of the daily activities will be available closer to the event date(s).
Members are free to attend World War II Days. With your membership, there are many other benefits you receive, as well as supporting the mission of historic preservation and education at Midway Village Museum! To become a member or for details go to: http://midwayvillage.com/midway-membership.html.
* If you are a Veteran or Active Duty Military Personnel simply show proof of military service with your Military ID card, Veterans Affairs card, or Discharge papers to receive discounted tickets.
No refund on admission ticket purchases.
Questions? Call 815-397-9112